Out with the old and in with the new. The popular 300 and 400 series smoke detectors has been discontinued by Interlogix (formerly GE Security), and replaced with the FireworX 500 series, now available at Home Controls.
FireworX 500 Series conventional photoelectric smoke detectors come in a variety of models from the simplest to the most complex smoke and fire alarm applications. The 500 Series offers two- and four-wire applications, heat detectors, sounders, relays and more, each specifically to meet residential code requirements.
The 500 Series features innovations engineered specifically for the conventional fire system market, such as CleanMe remote maintenance reporting, sensitivity drift compensation, field replaceable optical chamber, and self-diagnostics to continually monitor critical detector operations. CleanMe is available on the 500 Series 2-wire models and will communicate to the conventional FireworX and other compatible panels when servicing is required.
500 Series detectors work on the photoelectric light-scattering principle, a core technology pioneered by ESL in the 1960s. A pulsed infrared light-emitting diode serves as the light source, and a high-speed photo diode as the sensing element. This design has superior protection against nuisance alarms caused by dust, insects, RF interference, and ambient light, while providing the earliest warning to a non-specific fire type.
- Remote maintenance (CleanMe) reporting (2-wire models) and built-in drift compensation reduces false alarms
- Self-diagnostics meets NFPA 72 sensitivity testing requirements without the need for external meters
- World’s only replaceable optical chamber makes any required cleaning a snap
- Small, low profile design blends with any environment
- Large SEMS screw terminals accept 12-18 AWG wire
- Optional auxiliary functions include:
- Integral sounder with optional tandem interconnection
- Auxiliary relay Listed for applications such as elevator recall
- Fire system isolated heat integrated with non-latching single station smoke alarm
- Built-in power supervision relay
- Integral fixed/ROR heat detectors
- Adaptor plate enables replacing 500 Series with legacy ESL 400 Series smoke detectors
Note: Some 500 series smoke detectors were part of a product recall announced last month. The recall is for products sold from March 2013 to February 2014; the 500 series smoke detectors available at Home Controls are not part of the recall!